All SYHA/Missouri Amateur Ice Hockey Association Youth Division Coaches must follow all USA Hockey Coaches requirements, for detailed information about these requirements please Click Here to visit the USA Hockey Coaching Certification page.
USA Hockey and the MAIHA require both certification and registration to be an eligible to coach.
USA Hockey Requirements (Must be completed before participating in any team activities)
- USA Hockey Membership - Register as a coach with USA Hockey (Cost is $46 plus any affiliate fees if applicable). You must register annually. Click HERE to register.
- Complete a background screening - a new national screening program through USA Hockey was introduced April 1, 2020. Members who were approved through the new NCSI national screening program after April 1, 2020 are valid through the end of the 2021-22 season, which is August 31, 2022. All others must complete a new screening application. Click Here for Information and Link to the National Screening Program
- Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training - Click Here for Information and Links to the Training
- Please note, if you are a 2004 birth year or earlier, you will be required to take the SafeSport Core Training or Refresher Course prior to participation for the 2021-22 season.
- One of the most exciting aspects of the USA Hockey SafeSport Program is the online training/education that is available to help our members become aware of the information necessary to help prevent abuse from occurring in our sport. We are pleased to announce that all USA Hockey registered coaches, officials, players, employees and volunteers are entitled to take the training at no cost.
- The SafeSport Training and Refresher Training are each valid for one (1) season beginning on 4/1/21.
- As of January 1, 2018, all relevant individuals who need to be SafeSport certified or are seeking recertification will need to complete the new SafeSport training, which features updated content.
- Once you have completed the Core SafeSport Course, there will be a Refresher Course available for individuals who have previously completed the core SafeSport course and need to recertify. Users completing the SafeSport refresher course will be certified for an additional season.
- PLEASE NOTE that you will need your own USA Hockey Confirmation Number or Referee Number and your own email address to access the training. You can locate your number OR obtain a number here membership.usahockey.com. If you will not be participating as a player, coach or referee, you can register at no cost under the ice manager/volunteer category to obtain your USA Hockey Confirmation Number.
- Complete Required Coaching Education Requirements (Must be completed by Dec. 31) Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. You can only attend one clinic per season and all coaches start at Level 1. (The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31). Click Here to find and Register for a CEP clinic.